Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Topics to Cover (Brainstorm)

So, there are a couple of things I'd like to include in my films this semester. I'm not sure if any of them are even worth doing but, hey, you can't know until you try, right? So, onto the list!
  • I've got these shoes I'm just dying to use in something. I don't know what, maybe just a walking sequence or whatever but they're just interesting to look at because c'mon! Who has orange boots other than me? Just kidding...
  • I want to deal with feminine things and possibly the female body.
  • Everyone's gonna groan when they hear this but I wouldn't mind adding some of my dance stuff because it's not any sort of classical dance or even the urban stuff we're used to today. It's a type of club dancing that doesn't seem to make sense to anyone in the United States but I LOVE it. Here's some videos I've made in the past of me doing this stuff : VIDEO 1, VIDEO 2, VIDEO 3, VIDEO 4, VIDEO 5
  • I think I might also like to do some filming at a few places. I know downtown might be a good place to incorporate into some shots. Maybe on the highway as well. I'm thinking the U of M campus, too.
  • I know I like to do shots with a lot of movement from the person/object but I haven't really considered moving WITH the person/object. So, I'd like to potentially do work that's going get me some exercise as well.
  • Not sure why, but I feel like I want to use an elevator and stairs for something...
  • I know this is a music video but I like the shots. I like the extreme concentration on something in some shots and the shots that get below eye level. I also like the use of light. Not just lighting behind the screen but the lights actually used within the video.

So, I'm sure random stuff will come to me and I really feel bad that I can't just spill it all out now. I'm not good on the spot I suppose...



No comments:

Post a Comment