Sunday, January 25, 2009

Film 1 Write-Up

The idea behind this film was to explore feminine objects. I chose to pick something obviously feminine, in this case make-up. The idea was to represent a disdain for what is everyday for many women. Conceptual challenges were mostly how to make this representation without being too cliche (which I failed miserably at). Technical challenges were lessened by the fact that I own a Macbook and was able to maneuver my camera and not be confined to one space. However, that presented more issues because the options were now available. Lighting and decor was another major hurdle. What pissed me off more than anything else was that I had to refilm the entire thing because the shots angered me. I still hate the ones I have in the video I posted but the first one was absolutely hideous. I also accidently deleted some shots I had meant to keep. So what did we learn? Looks like I learned to be more careful and rewatch each shot before deleting.

No comments:

Post a Comment