Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inauguration

While watching Fox's coverage of the 2009 Presidential Inauguration, I have to say that they need to have more established commentators. I have seen so many names of people with only a title such as "news contributor". Not to be unfair, but ANYONE can be a news contributor. I want some credentials here! I'm tired of hearing random person after random person making commentary that is not only blatantly obvious but even unnecessary. I don't need a narration of the layout of the inauguration when there is video of it on the screen.


Besides that, the inauguration itself was epic and historic. Epic, because, as all ceremonies go, it was extremely drawn out. However, for such a historic occasion, I will make an exception. And by no means was the ceremony tedious. While typically I find myself against all the flamboyant extras like music and poetry readings at ceremonies, this was a time I felt it was a perfect complement.


I wasn't surprised by the extreme amount of security provided for the ceremony, for Obama in particular. It sickens me how in the 21st century, there is still an extreme amount of racial hostility. At such a joyous occasion for our country, people still have to droll on about Obama being black as if it's a negative. BECAUSE of him being African-American, the other countries of the world are giving back a little respect to us. So, to the news stations who are "unbiased" and the citizens who still can't get past skin color - SCREW YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment