Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Critique 1/27

Your material choices or processes -
Chose to do a webcam video. Deemed animation unnecessary to the meaning and could not find a reason why it would have added to it. The process was more or less coming up with an idea and attempting to film it but the process forgot to include a message at first. After many failed attempts, I moved on to questioning myself why I was picking certain aspects or objects and what sort of significance it had.

Your conceptual process -
Tried to work on exploring feminine things, aspects of the female lifestyle. Concepts escaped me until I began to question what each objects typically means, what I think it means, and how it plays a role in the world.

What you want to communicate through your piece -
Wanted to make a brief film on disdain for the deceptive mask many women wear everyday.

Is this the result of your first try or were other attempts made?
Other attempts, YES, happened. First it was more based on the female body bathed in an eerie glow. That same lighting sort of remained after many failed attempts at getting a moody lighting. The switch to the makeup happened more or less after the body was too conspicuous and wasn't sending a message I was interested in or deemed strong.

Are those attempts present in the final work, or are they 'erased'?
Really, I don't think you can tell. They've been erased in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment