Thursday, October 1, 2009

Effects Experiment

test trial from Jessi on Vimeo.


Writeup:
Honestly, I didn't quite complete the tutorial but I was surprised a the easiness of this effect since After Effects has the basics built in. There's a lot to mess with with presets to make this effective but it's not hard and it's actually quite a beautiful effect. I love it but I'm not sure what I'd use it for right away. It seems kinda kitchy and really only good for TV shows or commercial advertisements. I'm sure I can apply the explosion technique somewhere in my work. I personally liked even the font explosion. I think most of the effects are only worth doing though if you're making title work. With my project, I'm going to have to consider some options prior to using any of this crazy stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment