Sunday, February 8, 2009

Rehearsal

1. Breakdown the Script to determine the following:
a. 3 actors, 2 male, 1 female. Versatile because they will have to do stunts and gesturing.
b. Male actor 1 will be in 4 to 6 scenes and Female actress will be in 4 scenes. Male actor 2 will be in 1 scene. Male actor 1's performance will be about 5 minutes in length for the final piece. Actual filming time will be around 3 to 4 hours. Female actress' final piece length will be about 5 minutes as well, filming time around 2 to 3 hours. Male actor 2's final piece will be about 15 seconds long and actual filming time will be about an hour.
c. There are 4 location requirements. One is outdoors and on a sleepy street and driveway. The other three are indoors in my own home. Power outlets are plentiful indoors. For outdoors, either a battery can be used or I can run an extension cable to the house.
d. 2 stunts - 1)Hit by a car, 2)Falling over on a bike. Expect several hours of rehearsal time to get this right.
e. Alien heads or makeup to make alien heads will be required. All other clothes will be regular average American type wardrobes.
f. Car, bike, TV, tin can, spray bottle

2.


11. In response to the rehearsal, I felt like there were major drawbacks and a bunch of minor things we could work around. My actors are extremely professional but my own demeanor is getting in the way. I've always had the issue of being silly on the set. I can be serious behind the camera but I giggle often in the scenes which is causing us to have a lot of retakes. This is a major issue considering our time constraints. I basically have two options in this situation. My first option would be to cast someone else for this role. My second option would be to collect myself beforehand. Because of the short time I have between rehearsal and filming the latter option is basically my choice.
Another major issue we have run into is the dog scene. I knew from the start dealing with animals was going to be difficult and possibly would not work. After many trials with the dog scene, I have determined that I am going to have to delete this scene. The only dog available for this shot is not cooperative. She follows basic commands but cannot stay on task long enough to get a good shot. This portion of the script will be rewritten.
The test shots were excellent. I was able to get the range and variety I had wanted and expected. Lighting overall needs help on the indoor scenes but the outdoor scenes are looking excellent. I am planning on using natural light coming through the windows for one of the indoor scenes but it still is too dark in the front. I need a good key light to illuminate the faces and figures of the actors.
Overall, the rehearsal was extremely successful and the actors understood their parts and really got into their roles (especially my stunt actor).

12. All scenes are okay to go except the dog scene is being deleted.

No comments:

Post a Comment