Monday, September 14, 2009

Project 2 // Assignment Write-Up

Project 2 Test Trial from Jessi on Vimeo.

Writeup:

Well, since I missed class for surgery I fell a little behind and had a hard time figuring out how to even start this project. I was unsure what starting composition I should use because I had no idea how this was going to work out when 3D layers were enabled. I ended up having to do more than one trial/experimentation before I understood the basics of how to use the 3D layers.
My idea was to use monochromatic scheme and show how opacity changes and layering changed the hues of the blues utilized. I was trying to control my experimentation down to hues of the same color in order to challenge and force myself to think within a confined criteria.

2 comments:

  1. When I first see this the shapes remind me of sheets of glass or ice. The shading on it is nice yet transparent, almost like a twirling wind chime. If anything I could suggest, I wouldn't mind seeing a layer of speeds in the shapes, like the front section fast, and the back section really slow and flowy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More color would be nice. This seems more just shapes. Different colors passing over each other and mixing would be more interesting.

    ReplyDelete