Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Revised Idea

ORIGINAL IDEA:
An experimental or conceptual film utilizing the unique textures of tulle and satin and other prom dress-esque materials draped on the human form.

REVISED:
I want to definitely use overly lacey, tulle-ornamented, etc. prom dresses. As for mood, I want it to be shot at night out by trees, maybe even by a chain fence, to add contrast to the flowy, girly fabric. I also want to utilize copious amounts of glitter and sparkly, shiny objects. As for the overall cinematography, I want there to be strong, directional light and I want varying shots of the fabric, girl, and the way the body moves. I don't want to say I want a drunk aspect to it, but I want it to seem wild and fast-paced with the girl moving erratically. I really want some extreme close-ups and I want the light to really catch the shine of the glitter and fabric.

4 comments:

  1. Thank god for no para para ;)

    I think this idea would definitely be the most visually appealing. I think the motion of the girl's body and how you edit it will be the key to this film's success. Have you ever seen the dancing scenes in Memoirs of a Geisha? You could draw some ideas from that, they sound similar.
    Have you thought about what sound you will use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of getting close-ups of the light on the fabric. A suggestion is somehow having the girl's movements mimic the light or vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think that lighting outside will be the key here because everything will get lost if you don't light it really really well. I think some spotlighting could be really interesting, and you could have the frantic girl interacting and moving in and out of the spotlight. oh, and sugar is a very glittery substance, it could work maybe with some other glitter mixed in. that might look really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with both of them. Motion and lighting can expand on the meanings behind the dresses worn. Especially if the girl moves with the light or against it. Even think about the way you frame scenes, and how she can become a silhouette one moment, and a fully lit for the next as she moves in and out of lighting.

    ReplyDelete