Tuesday, March 3, 2009

In Class Exercise 3/3

1. I would change my manifesto to be more exact. I discuss a few things I like and a few things I hate but I don't go into superb detail about the specific things I like and hate for the most part. This may be due to the fact that I have very few things I hate 100% of the time and the same goes for things I love. 
I can't realize on my own what is working in this manifesto. I can say I believe that the reiteration of the idea of comedy is unnecessary and can be condensed. It would make sense if I was trying to drive home the idea of hilarity being the most important thing but I have no interest in making comedy my only genre; Therefore, to be correct to myself, I need to make it clear that the other things that are important to me like drama, excitement, etc. are not forgotten as it appears they have been in the current manifesto.
I realize there is not a real good correlation between my memory essay and my manifesto. I wrote about a memory that does not in any way, that I conceive at this point, deal with parody, satire, comedy, etc. It's not funny. I like making comedy but does that mean I have to make comedy 100% of the time? I'm not interested in just the silly. So I suppose it means I will have to change my manifesto to match this inclination or I need to find a new memory that matches the manifesto. 
My essay video needs to be changed in the aspects of its drawn out nature. I'm a get to the point person and don't like all the extra fluff when it comes to visually representing stuff (however, i'm the exact opposite when it comes to writing. For some reason I can't tone down my fluff in writing.). I need to make this video pack a punch and go between scenes quickly to reflect the panic and awareness of surroundings. It needs to be punchy, not in a funny way but in an action-studded way. It needs to project anxiety and excitement, something I need to revise in my manifesto as this portion is not there and is extremely important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment